- One of the greatest soul vocalists of the 20th Century with the first ever collection of his earliest recordings.
- Features his backing vocals behind Billy Stewart, Chuck Berry, The Moonglows and includes his very first recordings with The Marquees.
- Also featured are Marvin’s first Motown recordings and his very first US hits, “Stubborn Kind of Fellow” and “Hitchhike”.
- This is a wonderful chance to hear history in the making as a superstar takes his first steps. Fully detailed liner notes with biography and career achievements.
- BABY YOU’RE MY ONLY LOVE – BILLY STEWART
- BILLY’S HEARTACHE – BILLY STEWART
- HEY LITTLE SCHOOLGIRL – THE MARQUEES
- WYATT EARP– THE MARQUEES
- ALMOST GROWN – CHUCK BERRY
- TWELVE MONTHS OF THE YEAR – HARVEY
- BACK IN THE USA – CHUCK BERRY
- MAMA LOOCHIE – HARVEY & THE MOONGLOWS
- UNEMPLOYMENT -HARVEY & THE MOONGLOWS
THE SOULFUL MOODS OF MARVIN GAYE – (1961)
- I’M AFRAID THE MASQUERADE IS OVER
- MY FUNNY VALENTINE
- EASY LIVING
- HOW DEEP IS THE OCEAN (How High Is the Sky)
- LOVE FOR SALE
- HOW HIGH THE MOON
- LET YOUR CONSCIENCE BE YOUR GUIDE
- NEVER LET YOU GO (Sha Lu Bop)
- YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS
- MR SANDMAN
- I’M YOURS, YOU’RE MINE
- SOLDIERS PLEA
- TAKING MY TIME
- STUBBORN KIND OF FELLOW
- IT HURTS ME TOO
- HELLO THERE ANGEL